- Accident coverage available
- Roadside assistance available
- Facility of doorstep Surveyor available
- 8 add-on cover available
Most Popular Policies of ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Car Insurance
The Car Insurance policy offered at ICICI Lombard is highly sought after among India's car-owners for its beneficial features and unique benefits.
Key features of car insurance policy
- ICICI Lombard International Travel Insurance
ICICI Lombard International Travel Insurance covers both medical and non-medical emergencies in foreign countries.The plan is available in three variants; Single Round Trip, Gold Multi Trip and Senior Citizen Policy
Key features of international travel insurance policy
- No medical test up to 85 years (Single Round Trip and Senior Citizen policy)
- No Sub-limit for Schengen Countries (Single Round Trip and Senior Citizen policy)
- Cashless facility is available worldwide for hospitalization
- Guaranteed top-notch health care available with UHI
- ICICI Lombard Critical Care
Critical Care plan provides financial protection against income loss of policyholders.
Key features of Critical Care Policy
- Lump sum financial benefit available when diagnosed with any of 9 listed Critical Illnesses
- Coverage for Permanent Total Disablement and Accidental Death available
- Health check up not required
- waiting period not applicable
- ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus
The policy covers inpatient and outpatient treatment expenses of policyholders.
Key features of Health Advantage Plus
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 2 years
- Artificial limbs and pacemaker cost covered
- Swine Flu / H1N1 influenza treatment expenses are covered
- OPD expenses include maternity expenses
ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus
In order to make sure that you are properly taken care during the time of need, ICICI Lombard presents Health Advantage Plus. It is a comprehensive insurance plan for your health that provides you with complete protection. So, with
ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus
, you are in safe hands.
How the plan works?
As mentioned above, it is an exclusive health insurance policy that not only covers the expenditures incurred due to hospitalization, but also the OPD (Out Patient Department) treatment expenses. Any accident occurred out of the acts of terrorism is also covered by this plan.
Your expenses are also covered, in case you are hospitalized due to H1N1 influenza or Swine Flu, provided it is not present at the time or before (pre-existing health condition) purchasing the policy. The policyholder is also entitled to avail tax exemptions on the premiums paid. It is subject to the clauses of mentioned in the Section 80D of the IT Act, 1961 and revisions made after that.
Benefits it offers and salient features
- It covers OPD expenses, for example – dental treatments, diagnostic examinations, ambulance charges, medical bills, etc.
- It offers cashless claim benefit at around 3,500 hospitals in its network all over India.
- It insures 2 adults with the same policy.
- It offers extra sum insured for every year a claim is not made.
- It also offers amazing tax benefits, as mentioned above.
- It also covers pre-existing medical conditions after two years of continuous policy renewal.
- The policyholder is also insured against maternity expenses. It comes under the OPD expenses.
- It has no sublimit when it comes to doctors’ fees, room rent, hospital charges or for any kind of health condition except cataract. In case of cataract an amount of Rs. 20,000/ eye is applicable.
- The policy doesn’t have any co-payments option in case of any medical condition as well as hospital usage.
- It also insures the policyholder against any kind of terrorist activities.
- The policy can be bought online without shelling out extra money.
- One of the best features of the ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus is – it can be presented or gifted. All you need to do is select the policy, add you personal message (only if you want) and rest is the insurance provider’s responsibility. Gifting this policy makes you eligible for an extra tax benefit of around Rs. 15000. In case, you are parents are in their 60’s or more, this benefit reaches up to Rs. 20,000.
In order to know more about the extent of coverage, take a look at the chart given below:
|Extent of Coverage|
|Cashless facility||Available within the network hospitals.|
|Reimbursement Benefit||Available at the hospitals outside the network.|
|Pre hospitalization and post hospitalization expenses||Covered.
30 days before and 60 days after hospitalization.
|Day care procedures||Covered|
|Swine Flu/ H1N1 influenza||Covered, provided it is not pre-existing|
Includes maternity, orthopedic, dental treatments as well as general medical practitioners. It is on a compensation basis.
|Accidents due to the Acts of terrorism||Covered|
Eligibility and other important aspects:
- Anyone between the age group of 5 to 65 years can enroll for ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus.
- Only two adults can be insured by a single plan.
- The proposer should be more than 18 years old.
- Health check-up is not required up to 55 years of age (as per the last birthday).
- People (more than the age of 56) proposed for the policy, have to go for certain medical examinations at the ICICI designated medical facilities.
- The policy is renewable up to 70 years.
- The tax benefits mentioned above are applicable for the policies that are purchased for spouse, parents, dependent children or self.
- The floater facility related to the insurance plan is available only up to 55 years. Thereafter, all the floater plans would be renewed under the individual plan up to 70 years of age.
- An extra cover of 5 percent would be added to the policy on a cumulative basis on every renewal. Also, maximum 50 percent bonus would also be provided if no claim is made under the plan. In case, any claim is made, than an amount of 10 percent of the total sum insured would be deducted from the extra sum insured.
Let’s take a look at the Premium break-ups
|Sum Insured (in Rs.)||2 lakh||3 lakh|
|Age (in years)||OPD Cover||Premium||OPD Cover||Premium|
What is excluded from the policy?
ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus does not include non-allopathic treatment, AIDS and HIV related treatment expenses, experimental treatments and medical expenses for treatment of drug addiction and alcoholism, suicide or any self-intended injury.