- Accident coverage available
- Roadside assistance available
- Facility of doorstep Surveyor available
- 8 add-on cover available
Most Popular Policies of ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Car Insurance
The Car Insurance policy offered at ICICI Lombard is highly sought after among India's car-owners for its beneficial features and unique benefits.
Key features of car insurance policy
- ICICI Lombard International Travel Insurance
ICICI Lombard International Travel Insurance covers both medical and non-medical emergencies in foreign countries.The plan is available in three variants; Single Round Trip, Gold Multi Trip and Senior Citizen Policy
Key features of international travel insurance policy
- No medical test up to 85 years (Single Round Trip and Senior Citizen policy)
- No Sub-limit for Schengen Countries (Single Round Trip and Senior Citizen policy)
- Cashless facility is available worldwide for hospitalization
- Guaranteed top-notch health care available with UHI
- ICICI Lombard Critical Care
Critical Care plan provides financial protection against income loss of policyholders.
Key features of Critical Care Policy
- Lump sum financial benefit available when diagnosed with any of 9 listed Critical Illnesses
- Coverage for Permanent Total Disablement and Accidental Death available
- Health check up not required
- waiting period not applicable
- ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus
The policy covers inpatient and outpatient treatment expenses of policyholders.
Key features of Health Advantage Plus
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 2 years
- Artificial limbs and pacemaker cost covered
- Swine Flu / H1N1 influenza treatment expenses are covered
- OPD expenses include maternity expenses
ICICI Lombard Health Care Plus Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard Health Care Plus Insurance policy is designed to provide the customers with incremental protection when the medical bills go beyond the insurance coverage. The policy not only provides sufficient health coverage, but also an increased sum insured.
How it works?
This health insurance policy helps the customers when the limit of their insurance coverage has crossed and the expenditures go higher than their affordability limit. Enhancing the health coverage with Health Care Plus is a wise investment when it comes to safeguarding your finances as well as overcoming the unforeseen health conditions.
One of the most important things every customer should understand that this add-on policy gets effective only of the claim amount surpasses the deductible amount during a claim (single).
What benefits the plan offers?
- The plan adds incremental value to your existing health insurance policy.
- It can be used when the health cover of your existing policy is not enough.
- It offers individual coverage for each of your family members.
- The sum insured and deductibles are flexible.
- It also covers pre-existing ailments after the fourth renewal (consecutive).
- There is no sublimit on hospitalization expenses, room rent, doctors’ fees, medical examinations, etc.
- The policy comes with a lifetime renewability benefit.
- It offers long-term coverage from 1-2 years.
- The policy holder is also entitled to get tax benefits.
- Any one of the insured members (in one policy) is entitled to avail free health check-ups ahead of policy renewal.
What is the extent of coverage?
- The insurance service provider will indemnify (cover) the policyholder (the matter is subject to the extent of coverage) against the medical bills (due to a health condition or physical injury during the tenure of the policy) incurred by him or her because of hospitalization (on the recommendation of a doctor). The minimum period of hospitalization should be 24 hours.
- The expenses related to hospitalization (without sub-limits) covers – room rent, medical practitioner’s fees, medical as well as surgical supplies, medical examinations including radiological and blood tests.
- The insurance coverage provided by the Health Care Plus Insurance policy in not dependent on any other policy (Individual, Group or Floater) held by the policy holder.
The table given below provides a quick idea about the scope of coverage:
|Extent of Coverage|
|Cashless facility||Available at network hospitals in India|
|Re-imbursement facility||Available at non-empanelled facilities|
Who is eligible to avail this policy?
- The age of enrollment for this policy is between the age group of 5 to 65 years.
- The proposer must be 18 years old or more.
- Prospective policyholders who are 56 years old or more have to go through medical check-up at company designated medical facilities.
- Income tax benefits, as mentioned above can be enjoyed only if the policy is purchased for self, dependent parents or children and spouse.
What are the areas not covered?
- Any health condition occurred within 30 days of the starting date of the insurance plan is not covered. However, illness due to physical injury is covered.
- Non allopathic healing, cosmetic and obesity treatments and maternity expenses are not covered.
- Expenses incurred due to AIDS or HIV and other associated ailments, drug overdose, alcoholism, intentional injury to self, hospitalization due to attempt to suicide are not covered.
- Hospitalization due to strike, riot, war, effects of nuclear weapons is also excluded.
What are premium rates?
Well, that depends on three main aspects – the sum insured, the coverage and the duration of the plan opted by the policy holder. You can use the premium calculator in order to know them. The table given below might also help you:
|Sum Insured||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Rs. 8 Lakhs||Rs. 10 Lakhs|
|Deductible||Rs. 2 Lakhs||3 Lakhs||Rs. 4 Lakhs|
|Number of family members|
What disadvantages the policy has?
One of the biggest flaws associated with the policy is – the deductible limits pertain anew for every hospitalization. However, considering the benefits offered by Health Care Plus Insurance policy in the time of need, the flaw associated with it is certainly negligible. Nevertheless, you should be properly informed.
Existing disability before making policy
Accident caused by alcohol or drug
Breach of law